The Luxembourgish education system faces strong integration and training challenges, urging us to act.
- 60% of all students entering primary school are of foreign origin;
- every year, a significant number of young people quit school without a diploma (between 950 and 1,500 depending on the year);
- the current health crisis has a heavy impact on children and young people, their education, and their future;
- the country needs people who are skilled, inventive, and able to navigate change and uncertainty;
- the explosion of the volume of knowledge, the information society, and social networks have a heavy impact on how we learn and communicate.
UP_FOUNDATION, a story of commitment to education in Luxembourg
Founded in March 2018, our origins date back to 2016 when a handful of people from civil society came together, united by their commitment to the educational cause. Fuelled by the integration and training challenges faced by Luxembourg’s education system, they decided to take action and, inspired by initiatives from abroad, founded an independent, agile body capable to act quickly when needed: UP_FOUNDATION was born!
Many thanks to the founding group: Jacky Beck, Philippe Depoorter, Jan Glas, Anne Goldenberg, Julia Gregor, Sonia Hoffmann, Liz Kremer-Rauchs, Françoise Lavabre-Bertrand, Cecilia Rodriguez, Tun Ruppert, Raymond Schadeck, Lynn Schammel, David Schrieberg, Joseph Tomassini, Paulo Tomas, François Turk, Jean Wagner, and Christianne Wickler.