The TOTO program meets children and young people across the country, allowing them to express themselves freely and articulate their vision of tomorrow.
TOTO, our old school bus, graffitied in 2020 by children and young people all over Luxembourg, travels the country to listen to them and to allow them to express themselves freely and articulate their vision for the world of tomorrow.
The program consists of multiple projects:
- TOTO Bus Tour 2020 (summer of 2020): TOTO travels across Luxembourg to listen to children's and young people’s aspirations, thoughts, and ideas.
- TOTO L’Expo (mid-November 2020 to end of February 2021): The testimonials collected by TOTO are exhibited at the Lëtzebuerg City Museum to open the discussion on the needs of children and young people in times of crisis.
- TOTO am Éislek (summer of 2021): TOTO travels across the Oesling to help children and young people (re)discover their region and its heritage.
- TOTO at the Kannerrechtsfest (September 2021): TOTO collects the opinion of children and adults on children's rights.
- TOTO Revient (from spring 2021): TOTO and his exhibition travel around the country to help children and young people to become actors of change.
TOTO Bus Tour 2020: TOTO tours Luxembourg to listen to what young people have to say
From mid-July to mid-September 2020, TOTO and a team of a dozen artists travel across the country to allow children and young people to express themselves freely through different workshops. They meet some 1,000 children, young people, and adults in 10 locations (Betzdorf, Beckerich, Ettelbrück, Esch-sur-Alzette, Remich, Wiltz, Differdange, Grevenmacher, Centre Hospitalier Luxembourg, SOS Kannerduerf Lëtzebuerg).
From this trip, TOTO brings back a travel diary that bears witness to the worries and fears but also the hopes and wishes of the children, young people, and adults he met. Find TOTO's travel diary here.
TOTO L’Expo: A national exhibition on the needs of young people in times of crisis
From 20 November 2020 to 28 February 2021, the testimonies that TOTO collected during his TOTO Bus Tour are exhibited at the Lëtzebuerg City Museum. The national exhibition opens the discussion on children and young people's feelings, fears, and needs in times of sanitary crisis.
You can take a (virtual) tour of the exhibition here.
TOTO am Éislek: TOTO introduces the Oesling's young inhabitants to their region
In July, August, and September 2021, TOTO visits six locations in the north of Luxembourg (Boulaide, Clervaux, Parc Hosingen, Vianden, Wiltz, Wincrange). Through various interactive workshops held by regional educational actors, TOTO helps the young inhabitants to (re)discover their region through its culture, heritage, and traditions.
From October 2021 to January 2022, those motivated to continue the adventure form a writing and editing group that puts together all the products collected in the summer and creates a regional guide.
TOTO Revient: TOTO resumes his journey through Luxembourg to turn young people into agents of change
From spring 2021 onwards, TOTO resumes his travels across the country. In its luggage: an exhibition on children's rights and youth participation. In each city that will host TOTO, different Design for Change workshops will be organized, helping children and young people to develop projects of general interest that will transform them into actors of change.
TOTO at the Kannerrechtsfest: TOTO collects testimonies on children's rights